Compiling gnome 2.5.3

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 13:22:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm 99% certain that there is something rather amiss with the rawhide
rpms of the gnome 2.5.3 branch. I say that as when I used the rawhide
versions, a normally very stable machine became unstable in places. When
I compiled them myself (so I could get Evolution to work), things became
more stable again.

It could just be me though.

I've now downloaded the entire source tree for the 2.5.3 branch (the
Gnome website says 2.5.4 should have been out a few days back). Is there
any particular order in which I need to compile the sources or can I
start at a and go through to z. I imagine it would be a good idea to
compile the lib* directories first.

TTFN

Paul
--
Free your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Free your mind to a choice of applications which you can control