Fedora Core 1 Test Update: kudzu-1.1.36.1-1

Bob Jones bt4rfj at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 19:15:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:10:39 +1100, Norman Gaywood <norm at turing.une.edu.au>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:42:46AM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Name        : kudzu
>> Version     : 1.1.36.1
>
>> - fix segfault on CLASS_NETWORK devices with no device set (#106332)
>> - fix various network device naming snafus (#114611, #113418)
>
> So I guess there is no fix for the 3COM card issue yet?

Most of the 3Com cards have a pre-install program that must be run prior
to installing the card in the slot. This merely sets up the "system" for
the for the bus mastering slot and associated IRQ to be set on the card
after it's put in. My card, (this machine - running FC1 testing) has a
905C-TX which came with a floppy (not a CD) with the install utility. All
I have to do is boot with a DOS boot disk - no config.sys or autoexec.bat,
run the utility, install the card and then re-boot. Once installed in a
slot - under Win9x or whatever - my card is recognized by Linux with
standard drivers - until you pull it and put it in a different slot.

Take a look at this link, pick your card, go to documentation, quick
guide, and pre-install.

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/searchbyproduct.jsp?path=download&search=3c905Untitled
1

We quit using these cards just for this reason. When you're assembling a
bunch of systems it became a real PITA and bottleneck.

Bob Jones