boot.iso problem?

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sat Feb 7 22:55:39 UTC 2004

G. Wolfe Woodbury wrote:

>AMD K6-2

could you say that this is an older amd-processor ?
yes !

>ASUS mobo
>Verbatim CD-RW
>
>I burn the development boot.iso to a CDRW, successful burn and verify
>
>Boot using the new CDRW (boots with other CDRWs are fine)
>
>No flash of messages or anything other than clearing the console screen,
>but the machine gets a reset and the POST starts all over again. :-(
>
>Is this because the boot.iso is corrupt in some way?  Other testers
>report using boot.iso to do installs of "rawhide", so that shouldn't be
>the problem.  Is the AMD K6-2 not supported?  Any suggestions?

perhaps
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RELEASE-NOTES-x86-en.html
----

Test Anaconda (the Fedora Core installation program) for proper operation.

      Note

Due to a mistake made at build-time, the ISO images for Fedora Core 1.90
Test 1 include support for i686-class processors only, meaning that it
will not be possible to boot Anaconda on systems with Intel Pentium,
older AMD, or VIA processors.

----

--
shrek-m