boot.iso problem?

Gregory Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Sat Feb 7 23:48:57 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:55:39PM +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> G. Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
>
> >AMD K6-2
> >

> could you say that this is an older amd-processor ?
> yes !
>
> perhaps
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RELEASE-NOTES-x86-en.html
> ----
>
> Test Anaconda (the Fedora Core installation program) for proper operation.
>

>      Note
>
> Due to a mistake made at build-time, the ISO images for Fedora Core 1.90
> Test 1 include support for i686-class processors only, meaning that it
> will not be possible to boot Anaconda on systems with Intel Pentium,
> older AMD, or VIA processors.

Thanks for the pointer. (That will teach me to remember to read the
Release Notes!)

But,
Isn't this a show-stopper?  It eliminates a whole bunch of possible
testers and excercisers.  I can't use my main x686-class machine as a
testbed due to its use as a server for various other things on my net.
I'd dearly love to test out FC2-test1 in a complete install mode (I'm
already using yum/up2date to track the development tree.)

--
Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury      `-_-'    Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us         U     RHCT August 2003