Soundcard VIA ac97 doesn't work

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 10:00:50 UTC 2004

Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:

>Em Sáb, 2004-02-07 às 22:18 -0500, Jim Cornette escreveu:
>

>>Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
>>

>>>When I try to run /usr/bin/system-config-soundcard to configure my
>>>soundcard on Fedora Core 1 with the latest kernel 2.6.1 from rawhide, I
>>>get the following error:
>>>

>What exactly is on your modules.conf, and what kernel modules do you
>call at system startup?

afaik:
/etc/modules.conf = 2.4.x
/etc/modprobe.conf = 2.6.x

which module do you need for the 2.6.x kernel ?
eg.
# modprobe -t sound  -l  |  less

on some systems it works like expected with the 2.6.x sound-modules via
/etc/modprobe.conf
on some systems i have to load th 2.6.x-soundcard-module by hand =
/etc/rc.local
sometimes i have to compile the 2.6.x oss-drivers
check for mute !

eg.  /etc/rc.local
modprobe ohci-hcd
modprobe snd-intel8x0