IA64 Kernel panic

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 20:24:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:07:26PM -0800, Andrew Waterman wrote:
> I have nothing on the box, as the installer won't even start up, so I
> don't know how to replace the compiled kernel in the test installer with
> an older version .... Can I get it to recompile the kernel on startup?  I
> think there needs to be some type of ramfs up to get the installer up and
> running.  Anyone else had similar issues?  Known workarounds?

I assume you are looking at test1 for AMD64?
what system board and processor are you using?

Suggestions:
If an NForce 3 based system board, try booting with acpi=off
If legacy USB is enabled try to disable it in bios
Make sure your bios is at the most recent revision available as several
issues have been fixed in AMD64 bios updates.

Let me know what works,

Justin