yum repository for FC2 equivalent rpms?

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Tue Feb 10 00:24:38 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   just to make sure i get this right, am i correct in assuming that
> the FC 2 equivalent rpms can be found at
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ ???
>
>   i recall someone mentioning rawhide as well, so what's the
> canonical repository for this?  thanks.
>
> rday

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
would give you the i386 related rpms. The other way will work until you
get a noarch rpm. This rpm could be located in s390, ppp64 or any other
different archetecture, which may not be carrying the arch the header
points to. (ftp error 550 through up2date)
  The download.fedora.redhat.com probably carries all the archs and
would probably work with the link that you listed. (Though probably at a
very slow rate)

The mirror that I use only has the i386 and the amd64 directories. (and
is usually fast (300 kps or better)

Adding what Seth passed on should also work. I prefer the i386 listing
for up2date and for yum configuration, myself.

Jim