Fedora Core 1 Test Update: spamassassin-2.63-0.1

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Feb 11 15:12:20 UTC 2004

Randal, Phil wrote:
> Is this not a bit of overkill for FC1?
>
> I rolled my own spamassassin-2.63 RPM by basically rebuilding FC1's
> spamassassin-2.60 RPM with the SA 2.63 tar.gz file.
>
> If what we had was adequate for FC1, why not the same approach for the
> update?
>
> And sort it out properly for FC2?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil

I understand your concern, but...
1) This is why we have an extended test period for a bug fix release,
since it is nowhere near urgent to release this like a security update.
2) I personally have used this package in production for weeks with
seemingly good results.
3) Notice how the bug was only a corner case where an attempt of a
"proper" semi-artificial dependency was created.  Thanks to this issue I
personally understand the pre-FC2 perl problem better now.  I also now
understand why fedora.us has packaged perl modules in a certain way,
because they had already realized this problem long ago.

Warren