hw recommendations?

Joe Cooper joe at swelltech.com
Thu Feb 12 18:41:36 UTC 2004

Whitley CTR Cecil H wrote:
> Does the via vt8237 s-ata function have built-in support in the fc1
> amd64 test 1 release?  If not, what's the best way of getting there from
> here when the only hd in a system is s-ata?

It didn't work for me on my Asus K8V Deluxe, but I'm not sure if it is
the Via or Promise chipset (and I don't have it handy to check).  I had
to install a UDMA drive alongside the SATA until I got it booted up and
installed.  A kernel upgrade to the latest errata brought SATA to life,
and so I moved everything over to it after install, but I haven't booted
from it yet.  Someone else has reported they rebuilt the BOOT kernel for
the installer...maybe they have some advice on making that go.
--
Joe Cooper <joe at swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.