Promise 20378 SATA controller and FC2 Test1 first impressions ...

Adam Pearse apearse at computronix.com
Thu Feb 12 21:02:31 UTC 2004

Well, the good news is that FC2 Test1 does recognize the controller. The
down side is it does not support the BIOS created RAID sets defined within
Promise's BIOS. I ended up disabling the controller to operate in RAID and
have it treat it as IDE (which basically it was anyways). I then setup my
two drives using software RAID. Question for anyone who can answer (have has
an opinion), will FC2 eventually support the BIOS created RAID images or are
we stuck using software RAID and dumb down the controller to basically act
as an IDE interface. BTW guys, thanks for your work on getting this out and
into our hands.