Up2date channels

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 13 03:11:20 UTC 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 21:01, William Hooper wrote:
> Gerry Tool said:
> > Shouldn't it be using the yum fedora-core-2-test1-updates" channel
> > instead?
>
> What "fedora-core-2-test1-updates" channel?
>
> Looks like it's the same as Severn was, Rawhide is where the updates will
> go until it is released.
>
> --
> William Hooper

There were half-a-dozen or so packages in the channel listed as:

yum fedora-core-2-test1-updates
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1

and there are about 130+ packages in the channel listed as:

fedora-core-rawhide
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$ARCH/

Is this latter channel the one we are suppose to be using for this test phase?
I would appreciate a statement of what the ground rules are for updating
during this test phase.

Thanks.

Gerry Tool