Up2date channels

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 04:03:38 UTC 2004

Gerry Tool wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2004 21:01, William Hooper wrote:
>
>>Gerry Tool said:
>>
>>>Shouldn't it be using the yum fedora-core-2-test1-updates" channel
>>>instead?
>>
>>What "fedora-core-2-test1-updates" channel?
>>
>>Looks like it's the same as Severn was, Rawhide is where the updates will
>>go until it is released.
>>
>>--
>>William Hooper
>

> There were half-a-dozen or so packages in the channel listed as:
>
> yum fedora-core-2-test1-updates
> http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-1
>
> and there are about 130+ packages in the channel listed as:
>
> fedora-core-rawhide
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$ARCH/
>
> Is this latter channel the one we are suppose to be using for this test phase?
> I would appreciate a statement of what the ground rules are for updating
> during this test phase.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gerry Tool

I got about 173 packages of new development packages. I presume that
they are less desirable than the half-dozen or so packages in the update
repository. Gimp had a conflict that needed resolved. I installed about
half of the 173 packages, then rebooted into Fedora Core 1 to burn the ISOs.

Also, I concur with the gnome shutdown and error reporting screen
showing, then disappearing before you could send the report.

Also, I see the same problem with screensavers in the more system tools
area, along with other programs. This did not show on one of my two
installs, but is on the clean install of development. I'm finishing up
burning the 4th iso now and will clean install a copy of Fedora2 test 1
shortly.

Jim