Dell Lattitude CPx Battery Shutdown

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 15:49:15 UTC 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, Rick Johnson <rjohnson at medata.com> wrote:

> I've tried both an upgrade and a fresh install. It appears that when I
> boot up with the battery in, the system will shut down shortly after
> detecting file systems (modprobe time?).

I got the same problem on my Inspiron 8000.  Booting without rhgb
would enable me to see the amusing message (quoted from memory) `limit
temperature -296 degrees Celsius reached, shutting down'.

After reading this, I tested acpi=on without battery and it wouldn't
do it any more.

Upgrading to 2.6.2-1.74 fixed it as well.  I'm tentatively closing bug
115518.  Please reopen if you find that it doesn't fix the problem for
you.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}