FC2 Test 1 & Up2date

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Feb 14 02:27:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 14:08 -0500, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> Pardon if this hits the list twice.
>
> I have just completed an upgrade (via ISOs) to FC2 Test 1.  No problems
> noted.
>
> The update preserved the /etc/yum.conf and /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
> files.  I noted that there were corresponding *.rpmnew files.  Renamed
> the old ones to *.old and renamed the new ones to yum.conf and sources
> respectively.
>
> The Alert NOtification Tool tells me I have 288 updates. Running up2date
> pulls the updates from rawhide.  Is this the correct repo for FC2/T1?
>
> Bob...
> ---
> Bob Chiodini
> Senior Engineer
> ASRC Aerospace
> M/S ASRC-18
> Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
> 321-867-6313 (voice)
> 321-867-6300 (fax)
> bob.chiodini at ksc.nasa.gov

My yum.conf entry is:

[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/
        http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/$basearch/
        http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources (out-of-the-box)

yum fedora-core-rawhide http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$ARCH/
yum-mirror fedora-core-rawhide  http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide

Phil Schaffner (NASA/Langley - Know Jan Zysko per chance?)