Garzik and the libata (SATA) committee

raxet maxer1 at xmission.com
Sat Feb 14 14:33:49 UTC 2004

Dave Jones wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 04:59, raxet wrote:
>

>>Now even with copying the tainted drivers sata_promise.o and scsi_mod.o
>>to diskette in place of the ft3xx.o,  this routine WON'T
>>work with FC2 Test 1 install iso's.
>>
>>GREAT! If anyone knows of a fix to this total TRAVESTY let me know.
>>

>You're complaining that a binary only module for a 2.4 kernel
>won't work with a 2.6 kernel ?  You can't seriously expect this to work?
>
>	Dave

Sorry, so FC2 test 1 is only 2.6 kernel? No 2.4 kernel support? Did I
miss something here?

What meant to say in the above paragraph was that the "drivers
sata_promise.o and scsi_mod.o"
are from the kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptlcustom.

So again I'm asking is FC2 test 1 only a 2.6 supported kernel on install?

RaXeT