FC2-test1 via yum

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 14 15:30:39 UTC 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Seem to be seeing a similar problem on FC2 update with yum.  Only saw a
> problem with redhat-artwork on the first iteration.  Tried the
> exclude=qt and now I get:
>
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package qt-devel needs qt = 1:3.3.0-0.2, this is not available.
> Package kdelibs needs qt >= 1:3.3.0, this is not available.
> Package kdelibs needs redhat-artwork >= 0.90.1, this is not available.
> Package gnome-panel needs libecal.so.0, this is not available.
>
> Don't really want to exclude kdelibs or gnome-panel.  Am I missing
> something?

Think of this as a temporary workarround - to getarround packages with
broken dependencies.

As of today - a new redhat-artwork package is available which fixes
the above broken dependency. However there are other packages with
broken depencencies -- My current workarround is

exclude=perl-libwww-perl

BTW: mirror used is mirrors.kernel.org

Satish