Artsd + alsa == problems

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Feb 15 02:09:40 UTC 2004

Is it just me or artds doesnt like alsa? I'm using a Sb live audio card
and I get lots of errors from artsd ... all the time they appear ,
saying something like "cpu overloaded. error"... (forgot to write the
message down and now I'm away from fc2t1).

Btw , why alsa-utils isnt installed by default if a sound card is
detected and some audio apps are installed?
One of the things that I've noticed that need some tweaking:
system-config-sound . It doesnt unmute the necessary channels and doesnt
give you an option to raise the volume , so you end up thinking that
sound isnt working at all...

I'm gonna look for answers for this in bugzilla ...

Pedro Macedo