FC2 and soundcards

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Sun Feb 15 11:49:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 07:06, Jack Bowling wrote:
> The soundcard detection code in FC2 is borked. Has this code been made to
> work with ALSA yet? Says it can't find any soundcards.

Firstboot found and configured my laptop's ESS sound drivers just fine.
Support is probably just not quite complete.  (Bugzilla?)

> gnome-alsamixer. I suggest that this last app be considered for
> inclusion in stock FC. It really helps get things going with ALSA
> for Gnome users.

I rather like the new GNOME gstreamer volume control in FC2-test1.  In
comparison gnome-alsamixer has always been really crashy.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/