FC2 test1

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at redhat.com
Sun Feb 15 15:25:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 23:38, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

> >One thing I found to Fedora's benefit is that KDE 3.2 has had very
> few SIGSEGV errors and caused zero system crashes, which I can't say
> about the few days I was running Slackware 9.1 with KDE 3.1. For a
> test release it's been really stable albiet buggy. I haven't been able
> to play CD's under either distribution but I'm curious if the Dell
> guys may have left the cable between the cdrom and sound card
> unplugged, which will force me to risk voiding my warranty if that's
> the case.
> >

> Try to call the guys @ dell.. last time we had issues with a new
> computer bought from them , they were quick in fixing everything...
> And about the new kde and gnome.. I had only one segv and it was I tried
> to run evolution... but it only happened once...

Dell generally does not ship the analog audio cable as Windows drivers
pull the audio data off using the IDE cable. While you're in there, I
recommend setting all IDE devices to either master or slave as
appropriate, especially if you have two drives (like a cd-burner and a
dvd drive), Dell ships everything in cable select. On the upside, Dell
cases, while proprietary in design, are generally screwless and easy to
open/close. I have not seen any warranty voiding stickers on them, but
call them to be sure.

--
Chris Kloiber
Red Hat, Inc.