Problems with kdenetwork - reinstall

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Sun Feb 15 17:51:35 UTC 2004

Hi,
I wanted to install xmms from the xmms-orginal site to get mp3 support.
So I had to remove kdeaddons and kdenetwork first, then xmms.
Note: I removed them while kopete runs....

After that I downloaded the xmms pakets from the xmms site and got the kde
pakets, I installed it all with rpm, and tried to relaunch Kopete.
It didn't work cause it was not able to find libkopete.so.1
After working around a little bit I was able to make kopete working again with
making some links for my own:
It needs some links,
ln libkopete.so.1.0.0 libkopete.so.1
ln libkopete_oscar.so.1.0.0 libkopete_oscar.so.1

Maybe that could be a bug?
What do you think?

Roland