FC2-test1 intall not working on (my) Dell Latitude C600

Alain Cochard alain at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 15 20:02:48 UTC 2004

Alan Cox writes:

 > "Boot from" - start the machine from ("boot off" is bad but common
 > English meaning the same thing as "boot from")

Thanks a lot.

 > > After some time the following  message appears:
 > >
 > >      "The fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives.
 > >      Please insert the Fedora Core CD and press OK to retry"

 > What sort of CD-ROM drive do you have (USB, IDE etc) ?  Is this
 > machine a Vaio ?

Mmh, like I said, my laptop is a Dell.  Can it be a Vaio at the same
time?  I don't see this name in any of the specifications.  However,
if I try 'grep -i vaio *' in /var/log, I see in all ksyms.* that

    c03b5dc4 is_sony_vaio_laptop_R7462d5e4

whatever it means.  As for the CD-ROM drive, I have no idea how to
find that piece of information. All I can say is what is in
/var/log/messages.*:

    SONY CD-RW CRX700E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

AC