Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable default of linux

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 11:30:45 UTC 2004

Stephen Moore wrote:

> I have just been using nautilus and am appalled at its behaviour. I
> have long laughted at windows where its default behaviour is so awful
> that you have to change _every_ single default choice, only to find
> that nautilus now mimics this behaviour.
>
> While this is appalling, at least windows allows you to fix this
> behaviour. Nautilous opens a new windows with each click, with no
> obvious way to make it open in the existing window

afair you can change this settings in nautilus itself or with
$ gconf-editor
/apps/nautilus/preferences/window_always_new

afaik it is a good choice to search in  /apps  and  /desktop  for your
prefered settings

> and has no navigation bar, with no way to change the behaviour.

a short time ago i have read in this list that you can right-click on
eg.  computer:///  "open in browser"
oops, :-[

or
$  nautilus --browser