Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable default of linux

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Feb 17 11:36:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Stephen Moore wrote:

> I have just been using nautilus and am appalled at its behaviour. I have
> long laughted at windows where its default behaviour is so awful that
> you have to change _every_ single default choice, only to find that
> nautilus now mimics this behaviour.
>
> While this is appalling, at least windows allows you to fix this
> behaviour. Nautilous opens a new windows with each click, with no
> obvious way to make it open in the existing window and has no navigation
> bar, with no way to change the behaviour.

You can still open the "old style" nautilus window from "Browse" in the
context menu, but AFAIK there's no way to change that to be the default
view.

> I am as keen as the next person to encourage new users, but does this
> have to be done at the expense of long time existing users? I truely
> F.....g hate this new setup.
>
> Is this bugzillable, please tell me that I am not the only one who
> _hates_ the new setup

Certainly you're not the only one who hates it. I don't much use Nautilus
(or GUI-stuff in general) anyway but the new behavior makes me want to
scream.

	- Panu -