Will mysql 4 be in FC2?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 17:28:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Charles R. Anderson wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:10:27PM -0500, John Davidson wrote:
> > Are there any plans to upgrade mysql to version 4 in the FC2 release?
>
> No.  Due to the client library license change to GPL, it is of
> questionable legality to link mysql 4 client libraries to other
> components in FC2, such as php, perl, and apache.

I missed that.  Where's a page that lists what the license was, and what it
now is?  The licensing page on mysql.com doesn't seem to suggest a license
change between 3.23.19 and current.

jh

--
"I have never smuggled anything in my life. Why, then, do I feel an uneasy
 sense of guilt on approaching a customs barrier?"   -- Steinbeck