Alsa Muting

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 10:52:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, William Hooper wrote:

> listmail said:
> > On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 11:51, fedora-test-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> > Yes I get the lack of caring...
> >
> > However YOU WOULD if you had to pay for all the unnecessary support
> > calls
> > generated by this paricular piece of geek 'uncaringness'.
>
> If you are in the position to be getting support calls, you are in the
> position to change the default to what you want it to be.

This is getting silly.  There has been no sound argument against cranking the
mixer levels to 40 percent.  There have been arguments in favour, especially
for relative beginners.

This isn't a difficult solution, and there are no negatives currently posted
that are coherent.

Let's keep this as a discussion on how to make Fedora better, and not turn it
into a flame.

I vote to fix the fault now, and not leave it to support staff.

jh

--
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
 specific."                                          -- Jane Wagner