Configuring printers in OpenOffice in FC2 Test 1 (possibly use CUPS)

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 20:07:07 UTC 2004

Vladimir Vuksan wrote:

>> /usr/lib/ooo-1.1.0/program/spadmin
>
> /usr/lib/ooo-1.1.0/program/spadmin: line 239:
> /usr/lib/ooo-1.1.0/program/spadmin.bin: No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/ooo-1.1.0/program/spadmin: line 239: exec:
> /usr/lib/ooo-1.1.0/program/spadmin.bin: cannot execute: No such file
> or directory

oops, indead.
$ rpm -qa openoffice*
openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-24
openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-24
openoffice.org-1.1.0-24

you can search in bugzilla and try an update via rawhide

> Looking in /usr/lib/ooo-1.1.0 spadmin is just a link to soffice.

the same in fc1, but here it works.

> How do I configure printers ?

# system-config-printer

> If in OO I try to print it says that the printer type is CUPS however
> when I try to printer it says  that I need to add a printer. I don't
> have a CUPS server on the local machine started but we have a remote
> CUPS server. How can I point OO to use remote CUPS server ?

i have a 3port-printserver (LPD), works great  :-)

see the magic:
# service cups stop
--> i only have a generic printer in  OOo

# system-config-printer
add your remote-printer
# service cups start
--> i have all remote printers available in OOo  without spadmin

i use spadmin only for additional fonts

--
shrek-m