kernel-headers ?

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Feb 20 21:05:21 UTC 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 15:55, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 03:53:20PM -0500, kristina clair wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the gcc rpm, and one of the dependencies (a few
> > steps down in the dependency tree) is the kernel-headers package
> > ( kernel-headers >= 2.2.1 ).  However, I don't see this package on
> > download.fedora.redhat.com or any of the mirror sites.
> >
> > Actually, I don't even see this package in the list of rpms for the
> > stable release.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get around this?
>
> Install the glibc-kernheaders rpm, which provides "kernel-headers".

A tip:  if you install the rpmdb-fedora package, you will be provided with
actual package names when things like this occurr.  This package is fairly
large so it is not installed by default unless you do an Everything install
(where is likely to be unneeded).  It is a tradeoff ... disk space for
quickly identifying needed packages.
--
Gene