Problem/Solution with Discovery of Creative Labs/Ensonic PCI 1371 Card.

Marcus Schuetz biped at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 17:15:19 UTC 2004

James C. Bevier released the following into the bitstream on 02/22/04 11:59:
> That also was no help.  No sound from Sound Events test.  I did a
> cat junkfile >/dev/dsp and cat junkfile >/dev/audio and I get noise,
> so something is working.  I am on 2.6.3-1.97smp.  System is Tyan
> Tiger MP with dual 1.2 gig processors.  I am at the latest updates
> to FC1-T1 as of this morning.  Any more suggestions?
>
> Jim

I assume you mean the Gnome sound events? While I have sound from totem,
xmms and xine, gnome-sound events are a no-show. I have a lot of 'Cannot
connect to /tmp/.esd/socket' errors in my .xsesson-errors file, so esd
seems to be broken. Maybe that's your problem as well. Unfortunately I
have no solution :(

:: Marcus