yum update problem

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Mon Feb 23 06:27:14 UTC 2004

David Finch wrote:

> I'm getting that too. The one, all, or nothing deal with yum sort of bugs me.
>
> An additional problem is that in up2date redhat-lsb and gnomemeeting don't even appear in the list of updates, but it'll still complain to me about them when it checks for dependencies. This definitely looks like a bug. Because they're not in the list I can't tell up2date to skip them, so it seems unlikely that I'll be able to easily finish the update until the problems are resolved.
>

>>This is using os, updates, and stable from download.fedora.us:
>>
>>Package redhat-lsb needs /usr/bin/kill, this is not available.
>>Package gnomemeeting needs libpt.so.1.5.0, this is not available.
>>Package gnomemeeting needs libopenh323.so.1.12.0, this is not available.

yum update package-group* package-group2* works for me.

i.e. yum update kernel* XFree*

I then use yum check-update to see what else I missed. That, or add the
"broken" packages to the exclude line within yum.conf.

Rawhide - as said before by many - will likely be out of sync some of
the time.

-Rick
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)