madwifi

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Tue Feb 24 03:10:19 UTC 2004

I have been using the CVS version of the driver with 2.6 for awhile, and
it appears to work fine. However, it does require vmlinux in order to
complete its compilation process.

When the kernel is built, vmlinux is created. I believe that the Fedora
2.6 kernel RPMs package vmlinux in the kernel-debuginfo RPM. Therefore,
you can get vmlinux for your running kernel by rebuilding the kernel
using the kernel-source RPM with the kernel config file in the boot
directory, or by installing the kernel-debuginfo RPM.

Personally, I have been rebuilding the kernel from the kernel-source
RPM, since kernel-debuginfo is so large.