kernel-2.6.3-1.100 reiserfs ok, shmat strangeness (invalid arg)

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 02:55:23 UTC 2004

Brian Masinick wrote:
> netopml at newview.com wrote:
>
>> davej at redhat.com (Dave Jones) writes:
>>

>>> looking into it. theres at least 1 report in bugzilla of this breaking X
>>> too.
>>>

>> Count me in...
>>

> I have 2.6 kernels available for 3 systems; Fedora Core 2, Test 1,
> Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2, and Debian.  In all three cases, I can boot the
> system, but I can't run X.  Perhaps the problem is not unique to the
> Fedora Project.

Reiserfs works now! But regarding dmesg relating to the X not starting
problem. I am getting this excerpt in dmesg.

atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware directly.
atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on
isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware directly.

I'm running the smp version on a uniprocessor machine. I don't know if
this happens with the non-smp kernel yet. X is working for me.

Maybe helpful, but probably nothing to do with X not starting on some
machines.

Jim