where to announce and discuss test updates (Re: Fedora Core 1 Test Update)

Bart Martens bart.martens at chello.be
Wed Feb 25 14:33:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 14:37, William Hooper wrote:
> Bart Martens said:
>
> > How about doing the announcements of test updates in fedora-list, to get
> > people not following fedora-test-list to try the updates, and ask to
> > discuss test results on fedora-test-list?
>
> When people insist on posting FC2Test1 things to the Fedora-list now?  I
> don't think that will work.

There must be some misunderstanding. I agree with you that FC2 related
discussions don't belong on fedora-list. With "test updates" I meant
"candidates for released-updates".

> FC1 Updates-testing stuff has been posted to this list since the start and
> just now has become a problem?  If you make this list a "test distro
> release" only list then it will be dead every time between releases.  I
> personally don't see a problem with putting "updates-testing" and "test
> distro release" in one list because generally when one is gaining traffic
> the other will be waining.  I'd like to think that people testing stuff
> are smart enough to read the subject lines and post what release they are
> talking about :-)

You seem to be replying to something written by someone else. I agree
with you that FC1 updates-testing should be discussed on
fedora-test-list. I agree with you that fedora-test-list is suitable for
discussing both FC1 testing and FC2 testing.