question regarding mount.cifs, samba, kernel 2.6.3

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 12:30:07 UTC 2004

I'm still trying to mount  remote  WIN  shares on FC2  after finding
"sharity" and realising that in  "free" mode it allows  only  for 1
share to be mounted  and that  $:  mount.cifs   comes up with  "command
not found" I'm at  a loss  as to what to do next.

Now, for the question, or rather questions:

1. am I just simply thick as a brick and the whole thing is simple but
I'm doing something wrong?
2. Is samba offered in devel tree for FC2 never than samba 3.0.2a
offeverd by samba for FC1?
3. Is there a posibility to have mntsmb "turned on" in the kernels form
the devel tree?
4. Or is there an rpm or anything else that I can download to make this
whole  problem go away?

TIA

Bart Kalita  MCP

www.bart-domain.com