Testing test releases: do not update

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Fri Feb 27 13:17:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 05:42, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> does it make sense to suggest that, in terms of stability, what used to be
> the first beta release might be equivalent to something like a -test2
> these days? not a criticism, just an observation, since it gives me a much
> better idea of what i should be doing in terms of testing.

Hard to say actually during this testing phase.  This first -test1
seemed a little more stable than the original beta releases to the
private team.  Mostly the installer was the main test during the first
beta, and then the components afterwards once you got it installed.  Of
course, as Jeremy had mentioned, this first -test release wasn't built
for all arches to install on.

But, I think we'd have to wait until after FC2 goes live to see how the
test releases were compared to the beta releases. (Remember, there are a
lot more people helping to test now than before, so even harder to say)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"You think it's funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"