VMWARE ethernet + sound

Clete Blackwell 2 other at clete2.com
Sat Feb 28 05:25:44 UTC 2004

I don't think it really matters what is loaded now, really. Anyways, lsmod
( I think that's the one that checks what modules are loaded ) is not in my
PATH, so what directory is it in?

It says I have some 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] card in eth0 (which is the fake
card of vmware, but it's not the right one, as it's not working).

I get this when /etc/init.d/network start ing:

[clete2 at localhost init.d]$ su
Password: <entered password>
[root at localhost init.d]# ./network start (in the /etc/init.d folder)
Setting network parameters:              [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:          [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0... failed; no link present. Check cable?
[FAILED]
[root at localhost init.d]#

 (my my, the PATH is empty, not even dhcpcd is in there, how DO I add to my
path?)

(thanks for the help by the way)