Java and Fedora

stephan schutter rhl at farorbit.com
Mon Jan 12 17:31:52 UTC 2004

Because the vendor assumes that you are a UNIX admin, and want to do
everything yourself... It is like distributing Windows programs and
expecting the user to go and edit the registry by hand to make the program
start. --it is insane.

Making a symlink in the /bin folder pointing to the Java executable worked
for me... This seems a lot simpler and global than fiddling with paths and
variables...