x86_64 vs i[36]86 arch question

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 14:39:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 03:06:21PM +0100, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:

> Yes, I already guessed that I will need separate / (containing /etc ...),
> /usr, /var for a dual boot. What I wanted to achieve is to have a single
> boot menu. As the current situation stands, I will need two /boot
> and manually set up an entry in the default one -it would be the
> 32 bit Fedora- so it boots another grub (that boots the 64 bit Fedora).
> An entry similar to one that boots into a Win* should do, at least I hope.

When you do the install, I believe it will set this up automatically, if
not, simply add the entry from grub.conf in the first installation to the
grub.conf on the second installation.  The second will overwrite the first,
so its grub.conf will be the one that matters.  That grub instance can boot
any other linux image.

Justin