file sharing

Epps, Aaron M. Epps.Aaron at mayo.edu
Thu Jan 15 16:28:55 UTC 2004

	That's something I've had a ? About ever since FC1 was released, why doesn't smb:/// work in Nautilus?  It seems to be a feature regression to me, considering that it worked fine in RH9.  So what is different about FC1 that causes this problem, is it a Nautilus, Gnome-VFS, or Samba 3.x problem?  In RH9 all you had to do was edit your smb.conf, start up samba and make sure that ports 137-139 were opened in your firewall.