X86_64 Preview: /lib dir for precompiled binaries?

Ken Snider ksnider at flarn.com
Fri Jan 23 19:33:16 UTC 2004

I'm trying to make use of a precompiled 32-bit binary, but am receiving the
following error:

./SDBINST
-bash: ./SDBINST: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or
directory

Checking lib, there are indeed no libraries there.

Now, my question is, is it safe to symlink the required libraries to their
64-bit counterparts? if not, can I safely install an i686 glibc to meet the
requirements, and if not, what *is* the recommended method to correct the
above issue?

--
Ken Snider