X86_64 Preview: /lib dir for precompiled binaries?

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 20:21:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:33:16PM -0500, Ken Snider wrote:
> I'm trying to make use of a precompiled 32-bit binary, but am receiving the
> following error:
>
> ./SDBINST
> -bash: ./SDBINST: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or
> directory
>
> Checking lib, there are indeed no libraries there.
>
> Now, my question is, is it safe to symlink the required libraries to their
> 64-bit counterparts? if not, can I safely install an i686 glibc to meet the
> requirements, and if not, what *is* the recommended method to correct the
> above issue?

Which preview are you using? The preview release I posted Dec 1, and test1
include all of the basic 32bit stuff.  Mozilla and Open Office are actually
installed 32bit by default.  If it is the devel tree, it is not a biarch
tree yet.  You might grep the test1 tree for i?86, everything installed
there is known to be safe.

Justin