emachines laptop

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue Jan 27 12:45:08 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 21:11, Mike Larkin wrote:
> Still looking for the second dimm slot.. So far, I've only found 1,
> which means that the max would be 1.25GB.. The door on the bottom of the
> laptop only exposes a single slot.

After I posted my message, I queried tech support at eMachines.  Here was
their reply:

The Motherboard (Arima W720-K8) of the system can support up to 2048 MB PC2700
SO-DIMM DDR RAM (1024 MB per slot).

These are the specifications:
Number of RAM Slots:    2
Total RAM Capacity:     2048 MB
RAM Stick Size Limit:   1024 MB

RAM Type:               PC2700 SO-DIMM DDR RAM
Bus Speed:              166 MHz
Number of Pins:

Please note: on ALL DDR memory the memory is running at a base rate, in this
case 166MHz. Being Double Data Rate memory however gives it a "virtual speed"
of 333MHz (166MHz X 2 = 333DDR). As long as the memory complies with the
PC2700 SO-DIMM specifications, it should work.
--
Gene