Fedora Core 1 Test Update: mc-4.6.0-8.3

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Sat Jan 31 08:25:55 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:49:18AM +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello Bill, Jakub,
>
> > This is an update to the previous testing update, 4.6.0-8.1. New changes
> > listed below.
>
> Note that 8.1 is a SECURITY fix but was never announced. You should
> upgrade to 8.1!
>
> > - update php.syntax file (#112645)
> > - fix crash with large syntax file (#112644)
>
> I am very glad you included the php.syntax file, but the patch I
> uploaded for #112644 is buggy, as I found out and stated in that bug
> report.

But mc-4.6.0-8.3 doesn't use the patch yoo uploaded, there is an important
difference in bounds checking.

> When running this version (8.3) I do still see a segfault when editing
> php files.

Are you really sure? Don't you have some other mc binary floating around or
something? It works for me just fine, with your > 128K php.syntax
(which is included in the rpm as well), even under
LD_PRELOAD=libefence.so.0.

	Jakub