Yum upgrade from FC2 to FC3 possible?

Tony Jones tony at immunix.com
Fri Jul 16 00:11:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 12:34:05AM +0100, Paul wrote:

I clearly don't understand yum :-)

If I use your config file [as below], I get a 404 trying to download for the
[base] section (regarcless of server), because my version is 1.90 not "1"

	Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - i386 - Base
	retrygrab() failed for:
  		http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/1.90/i386/os/headers/header.info
  	Executing failover method
	failover: out of servers to try

If I comment out everything but the [development] section from your config file I get the same crash as before:

	Server: Fedora Core 1.90 - Development tree
	Finding updated packages
	Downloading needed headers
	Traceback (most recent call last):
  	  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 30, in ?
    	  	yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  	  File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 253, in main
    	 	clientStuff.download_headers(HeaderInfo, nulist)
  	  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 919, in download_headers
    		cachedbdict = returnCacheDBHeaders(nulist)
  	  File "/usr/share/yum/clientStuff.py", line 901, in returnCacheDBHeaders
    		mi = cachedb.dbMatch()
	UnboundLocalError: local variable 'cachedb' referenced before assignment