OOo slow?

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Mon Jul 19 15:55:33 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:21:33 +0100
Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm loading in a 1.1Mb file. It is mostly text, with three fonts in
> and one graphic.
>
> Is it normal to take upto 10 minutes for it to hit the screen properly
> or is there something I can do to speed it up?
>
> OOo 1.1.1-6
> FC3t1
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Hello, Paul :)
I had an issue with 300 kb files taking WAY to long to load/save.  I
noticed, using kpm (K process manager) that fam, htt and htt_server were
taking up way to much resources (I've had problems with these processes
monopolizing our system before)  When I killed fam and all processes
that began with htt*, my load times on OpenOffice went back to normal.
I am running Fedora Core 2, with all official updates installed.
This issue was a problem with all versions of OpenOffice that I have
installed.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but it fixed
mine :)

Steven P. Ulrick