rpm -vhF foomatic fails

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 20 21:16:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Satish Balay <balay at fastmail.fm> writes:
>
>> BTW: you could have just used yum. for eg - on FC2:
>>
>> [root at localhost root]# yum -c  /etc/yum.conf.dev upgrade foomatic
>> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>> Server: Rawhide Development
>
> What does that yum.conf look like to find `Rawhide Development'?

My /etc/yum.conf just points to FC2 repositories. I use a separate
/etc/yum.conf.dev (useable with -c) - if I want to pick up selected
packages from rawhide. (similarlry for other 3rd party repositories -
for eg: dag etc..)

Satish

-------------

[balay at localhost balay]$ cat /etc/yum.conf.dev
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log