reiserfs

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Tue Jul 20 03:26:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:06:32PM -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> As I hear it, until other filesystems add support for SELinux's EAs,
> you're pretty much "stuck" with ext3. Of course you can always disable
> SELinux and do your own thing with whatever fs you want.

ext2 and xfs also have (working) support for the SELinux EA's, as of the
FC2 release. The FC2 update kernels added (broken) reiserfs support for
the SELinux EA's.

For JFS, IIRC there's a patch floating around that extends its EA
support to be SELinux-compatible, but it hasn't been committed upstream
to the best of my knowledge. For reiserfs, the bugs in the EA support
are being worked on upstream.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>

To unsubscribe: