Failed hard disk install

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at
Tue Jul 20 11:16:52 UTC 2004

Barry K. Nathan wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 07:21:00AM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>>Related to a vfat failure, I could not assign a mount to a vfat
>>partition. This worked in FC2.
>>I added info to the report that related to vfat failures during install.
>>Trying to mount a vfat partition during install such as /mnt/vfat will
>>halt the installer with an error.
> Does this still happen with an FC-devel snapshot from 20040714 or later?
> -Barry K. Nathan <barryn at>

This vfat problem happened on a machine that I setup at work. Since this
problem was easy to simulate. (just trying to mount a vfat partition
during install / upgrade, pass or fail) I decided to wait for the FC3T2
CD to come out. I don't have any vfat partitions on any of the other
test machines.
I could probably try an ftp install and designate a mini partition as
vfat to ensure that the bug was fixed in rawhide.
I might give this a shot soon. I was going to try a clean install w/
selinux enabled next. I'm curious as to how the work has proceeded since

fedora-test-list mailing list
fedora-test-list at
To unsubscribe: