During install .. comments

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Jul 23 03:23:51 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:11:11 -0500, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
>> Maybe one can back up after auto partition and chose manual to see
>> what was done?  But it seems there should be point where you are just
>> shown what was done.  Would be usefull if for some reason the auto
>> setup was'nt adequate for users needs.
>
> I would counter that if you know what you want in terms of partitions,
> you should be choosing manual partition already instead of going
> through autoparition which might or might not suit your already
> defined needs.

That has all the earmarks of a good chicken or egg debate...  Its not
really a philisophical point I was making.  Simiply saying user should
be shown the partition scheme.

As it turns out user is shown the scheme and somehow I missed it first
time around.  Its quite an obvious little box one can check that says
something like [x] review partitions when through.

So apparently Fedora developers also felt it was a good idea to make
that info easily available.  I think it may even be checked by
default.  I may have inadvertantly turned it off or something.

I'm reinstalling a few times to check out as many aspects of install
routines as I can.