LVM & Disk Druid FC3-T1

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Jul 24 11:13:10 UTC 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:50, "Dwaine Castle" <dcastle at carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> Has anybody successfully created an LVM volume using Disk Druid?  I've
> tried 2 times and failed.  Each time I get a fsck.ext3 error after the
> install reboot.  The lv & vg commands report no errors, but fsck reports
> that the superblock is corrupt or that the /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 does
> not exist which is true.  I have an entry in fstab, but there isn't any
> /etc/lvmtab file.

I have installed a FC3T1 machine with the root device
being /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-fc3t1 and then installed FC2 on there in a
dual-boot configuration with a root of /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-fc2 .

The only problem I had was a lack of user-friendlyness of the LVM part of the
interface.  I had to select the volume group and then select "edit" to add a
new LV.  The most logical option of "new" didn't seem to work, neither did
clicking on the "LVM" button.