Track down problem with access to display 0.0

Carlos Villegas villegas at math.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 28 15:35:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 10:06:49AM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Nope... I hadn't.  Never used it before and had no problem, is it new?
> Anyway, the -Y flag fixes things for me. ... thanks
>
> Doesn't appear to be new in ssh but I didn't need it in fc1 fc2, so
> something must have changed.

I might be mistaken, but I think it was added to ssh 3.8, where the
X stuff is divided into "safe" and "unsafe", and you can allow ones
while dissallowing the others, in some short experimenting I did, I
found that for most uses you need both, so it looks kind of
worthless (but I don't know the underlying details...), you can
enable them by default in the ssh_config, or keep using that flag.

Carlos